PRICING, PAYMENTS, REFUNDS, INSURANCE
COST - USD$60,000
- Deposit: USD$15,000 due upon registration
- Balance due November 1st, 2019
- Please note a 3% surcharge will be added to all credit card charges
Please note: Acceptance onto this expedition is based on your prior experience, skill level and medical suitability. Enrolment will only be confirmed upon receipt of deposit and completed medical assessment form.
- Expedition permit, peak fee, garbage deposit and national park entry fees
- Liaison Officer, Sherpas, porters, camp staff, guides and their insurance
- Five nights’ accommodation in a 5 star hotel on a single room basis with breakfast in Kathmandu.
- All transportation in Nepal, including round-trip flights from Kathmandu to Lukla
- All food and accommodation during the trek.
- Commercial kitchen facilities and large, carpeted & heated dining tent in basecamp
- Trained cook and assistants in basecamp
- High quality food in basecamp and on the mountain
- Large comfortable personal basecamp tents with insulated mattress.
- Gas heated hot shower in basecamp
- Recharging facilities in basecamp
- Professional weather forecasting service while at the mountain
- All group equipment for the mountain including: mountain tents, cooking gear, fuel, stoves, ropes, oxygen, mask and regulator, etc.
- Medical kits, portable altitude chamber and medical oxygen
- Access to a medical doctor in Base Camp
- Personal two-way radios and base radio stations at basecamp and camp 2
- Satellite phone and Wi-Fi – fees apply at cost
- Personal clothing and climbing equipment
- International Air tickets & any departures taxes
- Visa costs
- Trip cancellation insurance. This is highly recommended
- Evacuation costs, medical and rescue insurance – it is a requirement that all participants have medical and rescue insurance that covers high altitude mountaineering on Mt Everest
- Costs incurred due to any delay or cancellation of flights, or extension of trek or climbing period etc
- Helicopter back to Kathmandu if member chooses to utilise this service.
- Lunches and dinners in Kathmandu
- Items of a personal nature in Kathmandu or during the expedition such as phone calls, laundry, room service, alcoholic beverages, snacks purchased on trek etc.
- Basecamp wifi and satellite phone calls – charged at cost
- Tips & Summit bonus (USD$1500 to each climbing Sherpa)
- Personal Puja contribution (USD$50)
Refunds: Please note that NO REFUNDS can be given on the deposit or any subsequent payments for this expedition. This is because Andrew Lock Adventures must make regular payments to our agents in Nepal to secure climbing permits, the services of our expert Sherpa guides, and to purchase necessary equipment and food months in advance, to enable it to be packed and shipped to basecamp well ahead of the group. Once paid, we are unable to retrieve those funds. This refund policy also protects other team members who have financially committed to the expedition.
Medical and Rescue Insurance
In case of emergency and at any time during the expedition, Andrew Lock Adventures and its staff will use all resources available to rescue and evacuate injured team members. From Base Camp, helicopter rescue is possible. Above Base Camp however, helicopters cannot be guaranteed and additional Sherpa support may need to be purchased to evacuate an injured climber. Any additional cost involved in an emergency will be the responsibility of the climbing member(s) requiring the medical attention and/or evacuation. Therefore you must have appropriate medical and rescue insurance that is valid for high altitude mountaineering on Mount Everest. Andrew Lock Adventures recommends Global Rescue for rescue insurance.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
Noting the above refund policy and that there are many unforeseen circumstances which may occur during or leading up to the expedition, we highly recommend trip cancellation insurance. It may be the only way to receive a refund for unused services.
BOOKING A PLACE ON THE EXPEDITION